2021 Breakout Session Presentations
Breakout Submission Deadline: June 15
Event: 39th Annual Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders
Dates: Breakout sessions held Friday. Poster Sessions held Friday, February 26, 2021, 4:00 - 6:00 PM (Conference dates February 25-27, 2021)
Location: The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center, 1 East Pershing Road, Kansas City, Missouri, 64108
Online Submission-Breakout Proposals
The form is closed at this time. Please check back after the 2020 Symposium.
Information for Presenters
We encourage breakout and poster presentation proposals on a wide array of topics related to children and youth with behavioral or mental health needs. Proposals should:
- Demonstrate how the proposed session is based on research-based practices, preferably beyond the basic/introductory level;
- Identify the target audience;
- Identify the level of content- beginning, intermediate or advanced;
- List outcomes for participants with an emphasis on practical application.
If you or a co-presenter is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), please consider offering your breakout session for BCBA CEUs. Additional information is on the proposal submission form.
- Only the individual submitting the proposal will be informed about the acceptance status of the presentation.
- One complimentary registration will be provided per presentation when first presenter (or a designated co-presenter) registers on or before the Early Registration deadline, January 22, 2021. After the early registration deadline, the first presenter will be asked to pay 50% of the attendee registration fee. No travel reimbursement or honorarium will be provided. Co-presenters attending the Symposium register at the regular registration rate.
- BREAKOUT Submission Deadline: June 15; Notification Date: July 10-15
- Breakout presentations run for 60 minutes at various times on Friday of the Symposium
- Breakout Sessions are provided an LCD projector, screen, power cart, podium, cable for audio to sound system from a computer, and microphone. Any additional presentation equipment needed is the presenter's responsibility. Please be sure your computer has a port for HDMI cable or bring the appropriate adaptor for your computer to connect. MSLBD does not provide slide advancers for breakout sessions, please bring your own.
- MSLBD provides a basic group wifi connection for access to the internet during sessions. We encourage you to download and run all audio and video files from your laptop and not from the internet to ensure your presentation goes smoothly.
- Sessions selected for the program are not to be used for marketing commercial or individually produced materials for sale.