MSLBD contracts with a part-time manager who is responsible for much of the day-to-day functioning of the organization. The manager:
- Maintains membership lists, attendance and other information about the members of the planning committee
- Manages publicity, marketing and electronic media for MSLBD activities
- Supervises the registration for conferences and meetings
- Coordinates communication among members, and prepares reports and materials as directed by the planning committee and board.
- Manages the financial records and tax preparation for MSLBD under the supervision of the treasurer
An Assistant Manager or other occasional or part time contracted staff may also be engaged to support organization activities.