Doctoral or Master's Degree Stipend Award
Nomination Form Deadline: November 1
Award Bestowed: February Symposium
Purpose: To provide one-time stipend assistance to students pursuing, or applying to pursue, a Doctoral or Masters degree in special education with a program emphasis in behavior disorders or a closely related field.
Doctoral-level students: up to two (2) stipend awards at up to $2,000
Masters-level students: up to two (2) stipend awards at up to $500
- Applicants must have been accepted in a doctoral or master's degree program in special education with an emphasis in behavior disorders or a closely related field.
- Must be a full-time student as determined by applicant's college or university
- Provide a copy of a current vita or resume
- Provide a current transcript showing coursework in progress
- Provide a statement of professional goals related to teaching, scholarship, & service
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation (one from the primary advisor). Selection will be based on the transcripts, goals, and recommendations provided.
Procedure: Selection of stipend recipients will be made by the Awards/Stipend Committee of the Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders.
Awards Announced: January via letter or email.
Recognition: Recipients will be recognized & stipends will be disbursed at the MSLBD Symposium conference at the end of February in Kansas City, MO. A complimentary conference registration is provided with each award. MSLBD will provide a stipend toward travel and lodging expenses of up to $700. We would love award winners to attend the conference to be honored.