Outstanding Educator Award
Nomination Form Deadline: November 1
Award Bestowed: February Symposium
Award Description: The Midwest Symposium awards a plaque to an individual who has exhibited outstanding achievement and excellence in classroom service to students with emotional/behavioral disorders (EBD) and autism spectrum disorders (ASD). The recipient will also receive expenses to attend the Symposium to receive the award in person. The Midwest Symposium Awards Committee will select the winner. Nominations will be accepted from recognized professional organizations as well as individuals.
Award Criteria: The following criteria are used to determine the recipient. Nominations should include documentation. Nominees should:
- Demonstrate an advocacy position for students with EBD and ASD in their community;
- Demonstrate the ability to create, support and/or implement innovative and exemplary management techniques and instructional programs;
- Demonstrate the ability to establish, support and/or implement appropriate behavioral and academic goals for students;
- Demonstrate the ability to work productively with parents, teachers, and administrators;
- Be actively teaching and planning to continue teaching in a program that serves students with EBD and ASD.