Poster Session Presentations
The Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders fosters professional and family leadership that improves the lives of children and youth with emotional/behavioral disorders or related behavioral challenges. Participants are primarily teachers and related services staff.
Submission Deadline: June 15.
Event: 36th Annual Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders
Dates: February 22 - 24, 2018
Location: Sheraton KC Hotel at Crown Center, 2345 McGee Street, Kansas City, Missouri
With an ongoing emphasis on evidence-based practice, the Midwest Symposium invites proposals which:
- Demonstrate how the proposed session is based on research-based practices, preferably beyond the basic/introductory level;
- Identify the target audience;
- List outcomes for participants with an emphasis on practical application.
Poster Session Awards
Members of the MSLBD Poster Committee will be evaluating posters during the session according to the following criteria: quality & clarity, evidence base & rigor, and design. Three posters will be chosen for the award. You may download a copy of the evaluation rubric here.
Information for All Presenters
- Only the first presenter will be informed about the acceptance status of the presentation.
- One complimentary registration will be provided per presentation - to the first presenter unless otherwise indicated. No travel reimbursement or honorarium will be provided.
- All presenters must register to attend the Symposium. Only those registered by January 10 will be listed in the program.
Information for Poster Session Presenters
- Poster Sessions at MSLBD offer a unique opportunity to interact with practitioners in the field. The informal atmosphere is conducive to exploring best practices and enjoying a meaningful conversation, networking opportunities, or just a chance to catch a breath.
- Time: Friday afternoon 4:15 - 6:00 p.m.
- Format: 6 foot skirted tables and corresponding wall space, presentation materials can be presented in large poster format attached to the wall above the table, multi-page postings attached to the wall, or on a pre-designed presentation board designed to set atop the provided table. Include take away materials such a QR code link to a website or handouts that provide strategies, implementation highlights, sample data, or reference material.
- Please let us know in advance if you will need to be placed close to an electrical outlet to run technology to enhance your presentation.
- Cash bar is available as well as complimentary hors d'oeuvres.
It is the policy of the Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders that sessions selected for inclusion in the Symposium program are not to be used for marketing commercially and/or individually produced materials for sale. Proposals that appear to be focused in such a direction will not be accepted. Tables are available for display of such materials outside of our sessions, and we encourage the use of that venue for sales purposes.
Submission Deadline: June 15
Notification Date: August 1-15